This is one of my new favorite recipes - I'm currently making it for the 3rd time this month! They are so delicious and they make my Idaho-raised, potato-loving husband very, very happy.
CRASH HOT POTATOES
Boiled new potatoes (I use red potatoes instead; what really matters is that they're not too big and the skins aren't thick)
Olive oil
Herb of your choice (I've used rosemary, oregano, and parsley - ANYTHING can work!)
Coarse salt
Pepper
Heat oven very hot (I've been doing 425-450). Drizzle olive oil generously on a cookie sheet. Place boiled potatoes on cookie sheet and, with a potato masher, mash them just enough to flatten the potatoes and break them open a little (you're not going for mashed potatoes here!). Brush potatoes with olive oil. Sprinkle herb of choice, coarse salt and pepper over potatoes and bake in a very hot oven for about 20 minutes (until crispy).
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! These are so good!!! I was tempted to make them again for lunch today. We will definitely make these again soon. Thanks Cindy.
This is so good! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment