Monday, December 10, 2007

Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches

Mmmmm. I'm making myself hungry with all these cookie posts! (just so you know, the cookies without the filling are not sweet enough for me!)


½ cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cups flour
1/3 cocoa
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup milk

Cream filling
2 tablespoons butter or marg. softened
2 tablespoons shortening
½ cup marshmallow creme
¾ teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup powdered sugar

Cream shortening, sugar, egg and vanilla in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add alternately with milk to creamed mixture. Bake on ungreased sheet at 375 for 11 to 12 minutes or just until soft-set. Cool 1 minute. Remove from cookie sheet, cool completely.

Cream filling
Cream butter and shortening in small mixer bowl. Gradually beat in marshmallow creme. Blend in vanilla and powdered sugar, beat to spreading consistency.

Put desired amount of filling between two cookies.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Are these like homemade oreos? sounds good!

Sarah said...

Hmm, they taste nothing like homemade oreos but I guess that's what it sounds like and what it would look like! They're much better than oreos to me! :)

Shannon said...

Well, they sound similar to the cookies our neighbors make for us sometimes. They call them homemade oreos and they don't really taste like oreos, they taste awesome. I will have to try it and see if they are the same. They sound like it though.

Sarah said...

Sounds good to me! I've had some before with just frosting in between, like cake frosting. It tasted good, but I love the marshmallow creme mixture!

Shannon said...

Now that you mention it, I think they do use frosting. We are going to have to try this out! :)