I need a peach tree. Or 5 will do. I bought a box of peaches and spent more than I should have on it but I was afraid I wouldn't find a deal on them. It has just been one of those Utah summers and maybe it is just me but I have not seen a ton of peaches out. I bought it with the intent of making raspberry-peach jam and to can the rest of them. But there was one problem- we couldn't stop eating them! They were so good!!! I finally canned them (with David's help) when I was afraid they were going to go bad but not before I could make this wonderfully amazing and yummy fresh peach pie (I stole this recipe from David's aunt). Now I regret not having more peaches to make this pie 10 more times. It was that good! So go find yourself some peaches and give it a try.
4-5 c. peach slices
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
3/4 c. sugar
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 Tbsp. butter
Dash of salt
1/4 tsp. almond extract, or if you are like me and LOVE almond extract you will let it overflow a little bit (it's another one of my top 5 favorite ingredients)
1 baked 9-inch pastry shell
Combine peaches, sugar, lemon juice. Let stand 1 hour. Drain, measure 1 cup syrup (add water to make cup, if necessary). Add cornstarch and blend. Cook over low heat, stirring until thick. Remove from heat; add salt, butter and flavoring. Cool. Place peaches in baked shell. Pour cool sauce over them. Chill. Serve plain or with whipped cream or ice cream.
4 comments:
OOh that makes my mouth water! I wish I would have seen this before I froze the last of mine! I sure hope next summer is better for the fruits and veggies!
ME TOO!
Do you have a trick to freezing peaches without having them stick together? For berries I flash freeze them on a tray before putting them in baggies but I couldn't think of a way to keep the peaches from sticking to the pan.
Yes, I sprayed a piece of parchment paper with cooking spray. I didn't know what else to do. It worked great!
I just made 2 of these tonight! So good I can't control myself!
Post a Comment