Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Canning

I decided next summer will be spent canning! I have always been intimidated by it so I decided to give it a try this year. I canned some tomatoes and grape juice. It takes a lot of time but it is a lot easier then I was afraid it was going to be. So next year I want to try canning salsa, green beans, applesauce, and I don't know, what else do you can? Anyway, my google reader always recommends different cooking blogs, so I found this one: http://cafezupas.blogspot.com/ and found the two recipes I just posted. ***I have not tried those recipes yet and only copied and pasted them from that previously mentioned blog. But I knew I would loose them if I tried printing them or saving them, so I thought this would be a good place to keep them safe so I can try them out next year when I do some canning.

I would like to know what everyone else cans...

3 comments:

Hannah Jones said...

This year I did pears, peaches, applesauce and grape juice {thanks to you! :)}
The canning queen is Katie Clayton. She cans everything! She even did marinara sauce this year. Yeah- I know! AMAZING!

Shannon said...

peaches, that was on my list to do next year too. Where do you get all the fruit from?

Hannah Jones said...

Hey, I like your new picture!

I usually get the peaches in Willard, but this year I got all the fruit from Crandall's in Orem on 8th North.
YUM-O