RICE PUDDING
2 c. cooked rice
2 c. milk
1 small (5 1/3 oz.) can evaporated milk
1/2 c. raisins (I HATE RAISINS SO I LEAVE THESE OUT)
1 Tblsp. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. + 2 Tblsp. sugar
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
In small saucepan, scald the milks together. Measure raisins into a strainer and set over boiling water just long enough to plump them. (I don't bother) In a heavy 2 to 3 quart saucepan, combine cornstarch, salt and sugar; blend well. Stir in hot milk mixture, stirring constantly over medium heat until thick and smooth. Add rice; reheat to full boil. Remove from heat. Pour a little of the hot mixture into beaten eggs while stirring rapidly. Return egg mixture to hot milk and rice; stir until thickened (only a minute or two). Remove from heat. Stir in raisins (OR NOT), spices, and vanilla. Chill. Make 8 (1/2 cup) servings. Taken from a Lion House Cookbook
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment