Monday, December 10, 2007

Super Soft Chocolate Chip cookies

So my brother asked for yummy cookie recipes and since I typed them up, I thought I'd post them here!

I think this makes a ton and we usually half it.

Ingredients:

4 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups butter, softened
1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
2 (3.4 oz) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.

2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.

(I like to use chocolate pudding instead of vanilla and peanut butter chips instead of chocolate chips—or you could do chocolate and chocolate)

4 comments:

Shannon said...

We have been on a hunt to find a good chocolate chip cookie recipe. I don't think I have ever had a chocolate chip cookie and thought, "wow these are really good!" But this recipe really was good. They cook up nice and look pretty too! Thanks for sharing. We will have to try the chocolate version now.

Shannon said...

These are the perfect cookies to make ice cream sandwiches with! The pudding in them keeps them nice and soft even after they have been in the freezer!

Sarah said...

great idea shannon!! I'll have to try it! And you can do so many varieties with different puddings!!

Shannon said...

Yea, we used chocolate pudding and they were great!