2/3 cup buttered flavored shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup finely diced and peeled tart apple
3/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
Cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir half into the creamed mixture. Stir in the apple, walnuts, and remaining flour mixture. (It was really dry for me, the apples helped give some juice but I was still worried so I added about a tablespoon of apple juice. Next time I will eave as is. They seemed to turn out great even though the dough was very dry).
Drop by heaping tablespoon 3 inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bakte at 375 for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment