6 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
6 Tbs. olive oil
4 chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
1 lb. penne pasta
1 (5-ounce) bag baby arugula (or baby spinach)
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil (or 1 Tbs. dried)
6 Tbs. juice from 2 lemons (I just used the stuff from a bottle, and did it to taste. I really would not put in 6 Tbs.)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Bring water to boil in large pot. Meanwhile, combine garlic, pepper flakes, and oil in bowl and microwave until garlic is golden and fragrant, about 1 minute. (This blooms the flavors and infuses the oil.)
Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Transfer 1 Tbs. oil from bowl with garlic mixture to large skillet and heat over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add chicken and cook until well browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil. Let rest 5 minutes, then slice then and set aside. (okay, to be honest, I didn't do all that.)
Add 1 Tbs. salt and pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water. Drain pasta and return to pot. Stir in sliced chicken, arugula, basil, lemon juice, Parmesan, and remaining garlic mixture, adding reserved pasta water as needed. Season with salt and pepper. Serve. (again, I didn't do all that. No salt with pasta, and I didn't add any of the cooking water. I liked how it looked more like a salad.)
6 comments:
I'm headed to the store right now to get the stuff to make this. Looks yummy!
Oh yes, I'm gonna make this for dinner tomorrow for sure!!!
We had this the other night when H,P and S were over and we all that it was great! A nice, easy, summer meal. Thanks Sunny.
Oh and I was going to make french bread to go with it but I kinda locked us out of the house so I didn't have time and pulled out my trusty rolls out of the freezer.
Great minds think alike Hannah.
I just made this for our dinner tonight and I couldn't resist sampling! So so good! Thanks! And we're having Shannon's breadstix AGAIN! So Addicting!
This is a new favorite for us! Yum, thanks!
We can't get enough of this! It's sooo good! I'm so glad you posted this!
Post a Comment