I'm a little bored, so... be prepared for a long sandwich post!!
I'm enjoying the fruits of my neighbors labor and loving the veggies!
Please find a delicious tomato and cucumber
Butter one side of two slices of bread

Peel and thinly slice the cucumber. I like my cucumbers refrigerated cause they taste better!

Get some cream cheese, you can even use the reduced fat kind.

Get about 1 ounce and microwave it for about 13 seconds

Put the buttered side of the bread on a preheated skillet

Toast it like so:

Turn it over and spread half the softened cream cheese on the un-toasted side.

Spread a layer of cucumber on the cream cheese
Then sprinkle salt and pepper on it.

Then put a layer of thinly sliced tomato on top of that.
Sprinkle salt and pepper on that too.

Toast the other piece of bread in the pan like this:

Spread the rest of the cream cheese on the untoasted side of this piece too.
Let me know if you like it!
If you're feeling a little dangerous, add a slice or two of cooked bacon.
3 comments:
And all this time I had been enjoying the plain and pathetic world of "plain" tomato and cucumber sandwiches!
I would like to see a picture of you eating it now...
at least for me it definitely isn't something I would ever eat while someone is watching me! Everything kept trying to fall out, but we managed, a little tomato juice rolling down the arm and some cucumber stuck to the face, but I am ready to go make another Hannah-Banana Sandwich as Katelyn called it (without the banana of course!)
You make me laugh! The trick is to kind of squeeze the bottom and wrap your fingers around the side so nothing falls. Tomato juice is, sadly, inevitable, but I try to get most of the juice and seeds off of the slice before I put it on the sandwich! I'll make another one and take a pic of me eating it! You'll all get a good laugh! :)
I'm glad you liked it!
YUM! I'll agree... there's got to be a pic of you eating/devouring it!
Post a Comment