Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Sweet and Sour Chicken

This is SO delicious

Sauce: (I double the recipe so there's plenty)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
1/4 cup pineapple juice
3 Tbs. ketchup
1 Tbs. soy sauce
1 tsp. Accent
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix over medium heat - until sugar is dissolved.

Use 2 chicken breasts cut up, or 8 chicken tenders. Or more!

Put 2 beaten eggs into one bowl. Put cornstarch into another. Dip chicken into each. Then put in pan with oil until browned. Sprinkle garlic on top after you've put them in a baking dish. Pour sauce over.

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Turn chicken. Bake another 20-25 minutes.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh we LOVE sweet and sour chicken. Thanks for posting this, can't wait to try it!

Crystal said...

(I'm sarah's friend) What is Accent? THanks

Shannon said...

Sunny- correct me if I am wrong but isn't just ;like a seasoning that they use in oriental foods a lot? I think you can just find it with spices and stuff.

sunny said...

oh yes. it's just a seasoning that is every grocery store carries. Just ask for it. It's in the seasoning and spice aisle.

Shannon said...

Holy Cow! I finally got around to making this and David and I both agree it is the best sweet and sour chicken we've had! Thanks for another keeper recipe Sunny!