I have a new favorite website. The food storage guru in our ward has a blog about food storage and I love it. I recently decided to start using my bread machine again. Taking all the time and effort to make bread by hand means I don't make it as often as I would like. So, after incorporating some tips from the previously mentioned website, and messing it up a few times, we finally have a winner! We have a small bread machine so this recipe makes a 1.5 pound loaf.
1 cup + 2 Tbsp water (75-85 degrees)
1 1/2 Tbsp Butter, softened
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/4 tsp. salt
3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp. bread machine yeast
1 Tbsp. gluten
1/3 cup potato flakes
Place ingredients in pan in the following order: water, butter, sugar, salt, potato flakes, flour, gluten. Make a small indention in the flour and add yeast, making sure it doesn't come into contact with liquid. Make sure machine is set to whole wheat setting. When bread is finished baking, remove and put into a large, ziplock bag and close to cool completely. This will keep the crust from being too hard to slice thinly.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hmm...now I'll have to form a search and rescue team (a one man team that goes by the name of Spencer) to track down my bread machine. sounds like an easy way to make some yummy bread. And thanks for the link to the food storage blog. That's a fun one.
Post a Comment