Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Tortillas

2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup lard (shortening)

Mix dry ingredients. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives. Add water. Divide into abt. 8 balls (depending how big or small you want them) and roll each ball thinly. Cook in electric skillet or on stove over a medium to medium-low heat. You don't want them to cook too fast/too hot they will turn crisp.

3 comments:

cindy baldwin said...

Hey guys! It is your cousin Cindy Lynn! I just discovered this blog the other day and I LOVE it! What a great idea. If you add me to the members, I can post the southwest eggroll recipe that my dad and I brought this Christmas! I would love to join...

Shannon said...

I don't have your e-mail... send it to me at moredumbstuff@gmail.com (it's a junk e-mail address but I will check it for you)

cindy baldwin said...

OK I emailed you this morning. :)