Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Blackberry Cream Pie

I haven't tried this one, but it sounds really good with the pecans on top.

1 C. sugar
2/3 C. all-purpose flour *
2 Large eggs -- lightly beaten
1 1/3 C. sour cream
1 t. vanilla extract
3 C. fresh or frozen blackberries -- thaw if frozen
1 unbaked 9-inch pastry shell
1/3 C. firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 C. chopped toasted pecans
3 T. softened butter

For garnish:
Whipped cream
Fresh whole berries (opt)


* (divided 1/3 and 1/3 cups)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix together sugar, 1/3 cup flour, eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Blend until smooth. Gently fold in blackberries. Spoon mixture into pastry shell. Bake 30-35 minutes or until center is set. Combine remaining 1/3 cup flour, brown sugar, pecans and softened butter. Mix together well. Sprinkle over hot pie. Return pie to oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
Garnish with whipped cream and whole berries if desired.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

This one sounds really good! Everyone is going to think we are nuts with all these blackberry recipes :) We might have to have a whole section just for blackberries!

Hannah Jones said...

I agree! If they could only see how many we have... they'd understand! :)
I'm going downstairs right now to make this!! Wish me luck!

Hannah Jones said...

So I made this tonight-it was GOOD! I didn't let it set long enough so it was a little soupy, or cobbler-y and we ate it in bowls... but it was delicious!

Shannon said...

Good recipe Hannah! It turned out really good. Did you have more filling than would fit in the pie shell? I didn't pay any attention and it spilled everywhere. But it tasted great!