Saturday, February 24, 2007

Overnight Waffles

½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. yeast
1 Tbsp. sugar
2 cups flour
2 cups milk
½ tsp. vanilla
1 stick cooled butter
2 eggs

Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add milk, vanilla and butter. Beat together. Let the batter sit out overnight (8+ hours). The next morning separate the egg whites and the egg yokes. Add the yolks and place the whites in a separate bowl. Whip egg whites until stiff. Fold in the egg whites to the batter and cook in a greased waffle iron.

*We never actually leave it out overnight. Just make sure you beat the egg whites until fluffy and they are very good!

5 comments:

sunny said...

Hey Shannon...I was just going through some of the recipes and found that you were looking for a substitute for Bisquick. I actually have one. This is per cup:
1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbs. shortening

Hope it helps!

Shannon said...

Yeah! Thank you Sunny! We never use Bisquick. I will have to try that cake now, maybe this weekend!

sunny said...

No prob bob. Now I have a question for you. I love the fajita recipe, but it's too spicy for Raquel and me. What should I cut down on...the chili powder, but anything else?

Shannon said...

Yeah, the chili powder and also the cayenne.

sunny said...

Oh yeah, duh. okay. Thanks!